Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Good News, A Preview and the Best Sour Cream Banana Bread Recipe

Best Blogger Tips
So...

I FINALLY FOUND MY CHARGER!

I was putting laundry away in my room when I saw Mr. U sneaking into my closet. I checked and there it was, his pack rat nest, full of all the things that were missing. I was so happy I found it, that I started working on a hundred different projects at once.

My favorite project has something to do with my pantry door. I can't wait to show you all what I have done!

The hubster has been super busy, too. He has been busting out some serious handyman skills. Here is a preview of one of his projects. It isn't quite finished but I. Am. In. Love. with it!


Well onto my yummy banana bread recipe. Lately I have been obsessed with it. Really. I have made it about once a week for the last month.

I think I might go make some after this actually.

I have tried a ton of different recipes over the years and I finally combined a few and came up with one I love.

So here you have it:

Banana Bread
1/2 Cup Butter (room temperature)
1 1/2 Cups White Sugar
2 Eggs
3 Very Ripe Bananas
1 Cup Sour Cream
1 Tsp Vanilla
1Tsp Cinnamon
1/2 Tsp Nutmeg
Dash of Ground Cloves
1/4 Tsp Salt
1 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
2 1/4 Cups Wheat Flour (you can also use all purpose white flour or a combination of the two)

Struesel Topping:

1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour
1/2 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
1 Tsp Cinnamon
3 Tbs Butter

Preheat your oven to 325 degrees and prepare two 9 inch bread pans.

In a large bowl, beat butter until nice and fluffy.

Cream in sugar until well blended. Because there is a lot more sugar then butter it won't really cream but just mix it well.

Beat in the eggs until well incorporated.

Add your sour cream and beat. Take your ripe bananas and break them into 1-2 inch pieces. Use your electric mixer to mix in the bananas (I promise this is better than mashing them first)

Add the cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Mix well. 

Add your vanilla and mix again.
Add the salt and baking soda, mix well. Add the flour and mix until just combined. Pour into the prepared pans.

Make the streusel topping.
Mix the flour, sugar and cinnamon.


Add the butter and use a pastry blender to cut the butter into the flour/sugar mixture.

Blend until it becomes a course crumbly mixture.

Divide the topping evenly between your two loaves. I have no idea why I took a picture of only one loaf but I did have two. 
Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Try and let it cool for 15-20 minutes. Then slice it, top it with butter and enjoy with a big glass of cold milk.


Oh man. It is oh-so-good!

1 comment:

  1. I think banana bread is one of the ultimate comfort foods! Thanks for linking up to Fun w/Food Friday @ Paisley Passions. Hope you stop by again soon :)

    ~Lori @ Paisley Passions

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...