Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Pinterest aka My New Favorite Website and a Tutorial

Best Blogger Tips
So recently I have started using this new (to me) site called Pinterest. This site is absolutely amazing and has revolutionized how I search the web.



If you are anything like me, you have hundreds of sites bookmarked for one image. Maybe it is something that inspires you or something you want to make or have.

You may even have hundreds of pages bookmarked for recipes you want to try, books you want to read and places you want to go.
 
Well this site makes all of that so much easier. You have boards (kind of like a mood board) and you can "pin" a photo on any site and save to one of your boards.

It only takes a few seconds to pin something.

For example I just pinned a few photos from Pottery Barn on my living room ideas board. I love their Printer's Collection.

On my browser bar I have a little add on that says Pin It. I just click that and this page pops up with all the images from that web page.


I click on the image I want and another box pops up asking me on what board I want to pin it to and how I want to describe it.

Back on my boards I  can see all the images next to each other. Here is screenshot of my boards with my living room board highlighted. I just started so I don't have too much pinned



Also, Pinterest saves the website which you got the image from so you can go back to get your recipe or the detailed instructions to craft you wanted to make.

You can also follow other people's boards. It is fun to find people who have a great eye and follow the beautiful things they find.

Now, you have to be invited to join Pinterest (I am not really sure why) I just put my email on their waiting list and after a few days I got an invite. Once you are a member you can invite and find friends.

If you have a Pinterest account or you get one in the next little while you can follow my boards here.

What do you think? Are you interested in Pinterest or are you going to stick with your bookmarks? Or maybe even a combination of both?

I can tell you one thing, it has completely invigorated me to find new beautiful things and ideas!

1 comment:

  1. I have had a pinterest account for a while but you just inspired me to actually use it! I think it will really help me be more organized with my ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...