Sunday, January 16, 2011

About Me

Best Blogger Tips
Me-

Well, thanks for stopping by! I guess I should tell you a little about myself since we're going to be friends and all.

I am a wife of a hunting, outdoorsy, cowboy with little-to-no fashion sense but a heart as big as they come. This man of mine let's me try anything and knows how to deal with my new obsessions. He does anything to make me happy and just his effort makes me happy.

I am a mama of two very mischievous little boys who are each others best friends. They can destroy my house in about 2 minutes and make me smile in about 2 seconds. The oldest loves learning and coloring and the younger one learned to say T Rex and Stegosaurus before saying please and more.

I am also the mama of the happiest baby girl who lights up my day. I was overwhelmed when I first found out I was having a girl (how do you deal with all those hormones?) but she balances our family and adds joy to our day. She always has a smile for me and loves her daddy and her brothers. Not to mention it is ridiculously fun to make things for her.

I am lucky enough to be a stay-at-home-mama which, as many of you know, encompasses about every job known to man.

I love it.


The Starter Home-


We were able to buy a starter home just a year into our marriage with the thought that we would only be there for 3-5 years. It was a HUD home, which pretty much means it was a foreclosure, and it was an interesting house to say the least but really cheap. Dark red walls, black walls, blue walls, weird light fixtures (there was an old chandelier in the garage) and wallpaper borders hung with pushpins.

AWESOME.

We repainted the entire home bright yellow (I was 8 months preggo DON'T JUDGE) and replaced the carpet, light fixtures and hung some blinds. We tore out the yard to put in a sprinkler system and slowly replaced the swamp cooler with an AC, the heater, water heater, dishwasher, oven, refrigerator, microwave and garage door opener.

Luckily we didn't have to replace the washer and dryer...

we had already bought those before moving in.

I decorated mostly with hand me downs from my Mama. I took whatever I could get free or cheap and tried to work around the YELLOW.

Side note. I cried when I walked in the house after the painters left. Did I already mention I was preggo?

Anyway...

I have never liked our house. Not once. To me it was an in between place. A place we would look back on and laugh while sitting in our gorgeous dream home.

In front of the fireplace.

Well...it's been five years and no moving plans in sight. Life happens, goals change.

This last summer I got to spend about four months away from The Starter Home because of that man-of-mine's job. I started to realize how much we had grown in The Starter Home. We went from a newly married couple to a family with 3 kiddos. We have experienced so much life here yet I hated this house. I was letting today slip by because I was so consumed with tomorrow.

I decided to take action. I was going to make The Starter Home a place I loved to be. Even if it doesn't have walk-in closets and a fireplace.

So join me on my journey as I try to create a beautiful place for my families beginnings. Maybe we can both learn a little something on the way.

2 comments:

  1. Cute blog, Char. BTW, I have always wanted a fireplace, too. I knew I could replace carpet, tile, paint walls, update baths and kitchens, but that was the one thing I was so disappointed this new place didn't have- since it's NOT supposed to be a temporary starter home for us. SO, we had a wood stove installed in December. I never thought it would be as nice as a built-in fireplace with a mantel and all... but I love it! Now I feel like I can make this place the home I really want. Just an idea- since you seem to be in the same mind-set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog, honey. And your cute Starter Home. You inspire me every day. Mama

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...